14 October 2010

Warming Up to Go

For the past several nights, we've been sleeping with the windows open upstairs to catch the cool breezes that come off the mountains. Wonderful fall weather to sleep in! Nice and cool and so wonderful to cuddle up under a light quilt! Gotta love it!

But in the mornings, you're really not that enthused about getting out of your nice warm bed to the coolness of the morning... makes for lots of slow starts to the day. Unless you're my husband, who bounces out of bed as soon as he is conscious! These days remind me of living back at home and dreading getting out of bed and having my feet hit that ice cold solid wood floor. Yep. Shiver! Thank goodness for carpet!

So I headed downstairs to face the day and as I walked over to my computer desk, I noticed a honey bee on the window screen next to the desk. I thought about flicking the screen from the inside and sending the little buzzer flying across the courtyard, but then thought, "that little buzzer is having a slow start to it's morning, too". As sure enough, it was slowly crawling up the screen to reach the patch of screen that was already in the sunshine. Once it reached the sunny patch, it stopped and you could just hear it saying to itself, "AHHHH!!"
So I grabbed my camera, put on the micro lens and went outside and took a couple of shots of the honey bee trying to warm up enough to starts its "busy as a bee" day.

Until later!

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

I wish I had just one ounce of 'bounce out of bed'! Just one ounce.