12 October 2010

Sunset... Balboa Beach style!

From someone that lives on the wrong side of the mountains to view a sunset, it is a very special day when we get to view one. This past weekend, we went over to "the other side" and spent a lovely late afternoon at the Balboa Beach Pier. It's not near as busy as Huntington Beach, but still hosts its own charm. I love the laid back feeling at this pier because its usually more families than anything.

We walked out on the pier and timed our arrival at the end of the pier with the sun hitting the horizon. I found a guy on the pier that was fishing with six fishing poles (regretfully, nothing was biting at the time we were there), but I did take one of my two favorite photos of the day of one of his fishing poles and the setting sun behind it.
The second favorite photo was when we were leaving and just getting ready to get back in the car. I looked back at the beach and there was the prettiest lavendar glow to the skies and there was a couple watching the waves rolling in. With the new moon just making itself known, it was a beautiful view. I love the results of this shot.
We did what we normally don't do after leaving the beach. We took the ferry over to Balboa Island and drove thru the heart of downtown Balboa. I love that place. It makes me think of what I imagine Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard would be like, although I've not seen either of them to know! Mike and I stopped there one time when we first moved here and walked up and down the sidewalks and visited many of the stores. Touristy, but so much fun!

Until next time!

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

Seriously beautiful shots!!