The other day, we had some really dramatic weather coming into Riverside County from Orange County on the other side of the mountains... well, the clouds were spilling over the tops of the Santa Ana Mountains just near our house and with the dark (rain) clouds (that never got us wet) coming over from the west, it was just too good of a chance to miss with the camera.

So there I am, in the middle of the park's soccer field, talking photos of the clouds, loving the cool breeze coming off the mountains, when I noticed a sign has been put up in the park in the last day or so since I was here last. Curious, I wandered over to see what the sign said.

OK- Breakdown on this sign: NO, rattlesnakes are NOT a common sight in Riverside County... at least NOT the part of it I live in. (This despite the fact that my gardener found a rattlesnake in our front yard in August while I was in TN. I still didn't see it!) "Everyone is advised not to touch or disturb any wildlife". WTF... who (in their right mind) is going to "touch" a rattlesnake???? It's not as if the rattlesnake's warning of shaking their rattle at you means "come and pet me"! Plu-eez! But I am grateful that they put up the sign (they have to if a snake has been found in the parks around here). It emptied the park of any and all small persons, their barking and crapping dogs that their parents don't clean up after. So, for a day or two, the park was a fine place to enjoy taking photos in... just watch your step!
1 comment:
Maybe they got a good deal at the discount sign store;)
Post a Comment