12 April 2010

It's Been A While

As far as I know, I have no followers on this blog, but it is sometimes therapeutic to just write to get it out. Not that much has been happening around here. I've been out with my camera a couple of times. The most recent outing was to the Santa Anita Race Track. What fun that was! I read about Santa Anita back when I was in 5th grade when I read the book, "Seabiscuit". It sounded so magical back then.  And it was!

We took the underground tunnel out to the infield when we first went inside, so my first view of the stadium stands was from the infield. It was awesome! Of course I saw it from the outside in the parking lot, but I didn't get to see the track until we got to the infield.

I took photos of almost everything, including the vintage MG Midget cars that they had on display at the end of the infield.  Then I was asked to leave because it was a private party! The tweed driving caps, the tweed jackets and the ladies all dressed in period dresses should have given it away... me in my jeans and sweatshirt sort stood out!  The lady that asked me to leave was rather nice, if not snooty about it.  I just told her I wasn't aware that it was a private party and that nobody had said anything when I came thru the gate. Oh well!  The horses were much more enjoyable!

After about the fifth race, I realized where I needed to be in order to get some decent photos. Heading that way, I was very pleased with the resulting photos. 

I am looking forward to the next season of racing.  Next weekend is the final race weekend for the season. At least I made it there this year!

No comments: