31 December 2014

New Year's Eve

It's New Year's Eve and Mike is working for a while longer today. Jackson and I are enjoying playing with Holly and letting her get used to us and our routines. Holly has been with us for 24 hours now and already, she is more relaxed that she was when she arrived. I'm so glad. Holly is a rescue Boxer that our son, Justin, told us about. His sergeant found her and another guy Justin works with realized that having a rescue dog on top of a German Shepherd with 6 puppies and 3 kids under 3 is quite a handful and let us take her.

She ate good yesterday, which is good because she is so malnourished. I'm taking her to the vet on Friday to see how she is doing and to make sure she doesn't have worms or anything else wrong with her. She is such a sweet girl and so lovable! I've yet to hear anything out of her more than a whine to go outside to go potty. She hasn't even offered to bark at the neighbors' yappy little dogs either! Good girl!  :)  

Our cat, Molly, isn't impressed with Holly at all at this point. She still arches her back and looks like the stereotypical Halloween cat! Today she is a little calmer about seeing Holly. As long as she doesn't crowd her, she is OK, but as soon as Holly gets within a few feet or so, Molly with hiss and spat at her. She'll get over it just like she did with Donte! 

Later**

Mike and I went out to dinner at Golden Corral. Good food, plenty of it, and great to spend time together. Got home and Molly and Holly were waiting for us. 

Happy New Year wherever you are in the world!



No comments: