06 January 2013

New Year's Resolution

My New Year's Resolution this year is to get my photographs in some sort of order on my computer. I don't delete any of my photos, so I have 10's of thousands of photos! I don't print them all; I don't put them all on my websites; and I don't share them all either! But I do keep them. I have the space on our server.
 
So I've been working on getting all my photos broken down into years- from 2007 thru 2013. DONE! 2007 since that is when I got my first Nikon digital camera. We had a Canon SureShot before that, so those photos will be the next set of photos that I work with. After getting the photos broken down by year, I put 12 folders in the "Year" folders for each month of the year. Break those photos down into months (on paper).  DONE!
 
Now, I need to ID what is in each of the "month" folders by looking in each folder and seeing what they are. Short descriptions will be added to the number of the folder. I have over 650 folders of photographs from 2007 thru 2013. So each folder will look similar to "629-July2012-TN trip with Jackson". (Folder number; Month/Year; description of what is in folder). Almost have them all finished on the paperwork I designed for this purpose, then I can rename them all by looking at this sheet. Some would say I'm double working, but for me, it keeps things straight in my head and I like having a hard copy of it too!
 
So while looking thru the folders, I did run across some photos that I had forgotten about. I put them on my desktop to show them to Mike again. Some of them are just funny to us because of private jokes, but Georgia sitting on my computer desk behind my monitor was just too funny!
 
Thanks for checking out my blog again. I'm going to try this year to keep up with it. Hope I do!

No comments: