The weather was beautiful, the photographers were fun to be with and the Mission of San Juan Capistrano was absolutely gorgeous with all the flowers in bloom, the swallows flying everywhere, the hummingbirds dive bombing and the butterflies flitting inbetween the two! I tried to avoid looking for images of the Mission before I went and I'm glad I did because I was truly seeing it for the first time. A lot of history there and the place where we ate lunch is one of the oldest residential neighborhoods in California. Such a neat place! All the houses were right on the gravel road (yes, gravel!) and most of them have been turned into antique shops, tea shoppes, cafes, pottery studios and the like. Very "artsy" crowd down that way.
Here are some of my favorite photos from the walk. The last one is my favorite photo of the day- and it wasn't even taken at the Mission. In fact, it was taken at the cafe where we were scheduled to meet after the walk was over and have lunch. I got there a bit early and went inside to get a smoothie. As I was waiting for it to be made, I walked over to the window and that was the view.
No comments:
Post a Comment