15 August 2011

This and That

Things I've read that touched me in one way or another...


I might not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~ Douglas Adams



Little by little, one travels far. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien



A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at. ~Bruce Lee



I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh, but I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry. ~Unknown



I am the family face;

Flesh perishes, I live on,

Projecting trait and trace

Through time to times anon,

And leaping from place to place

Over oblivion.

~Thomas Hardy



I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new.

I thought about you yesterday, and day before that, too.

I think of you in silence, I often speak your name.

All I have are memories and a picture in a frame.

Your memory is a keepsake, with which I'll never part.

God has you in his keeping, I have you in my heart.

~Unknown



Why is it that darkness is always associated with a person's lowest moment? For it is only in darkness that we can see the stars. ~ Kevin Nee



Although its true that you don't know what you have until it's gone, but it also true that you don't know what you have been missing until it arrives. ~Unknown



Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe; And stronger than you seem, And smarter than you think. ~Winnie the Pooh



A dictionary is a fine tool to consult before putting your opinions in writing for the whole world to see. On the other hand, failing to do so certainly makes for amusing reading! ~Unknown



Sabrina fair, listen when thou art sitting under the glassy, cool, translucent wave, in twisted braids of lilies knitting the loose train of they amber-dropping hair. ~John Mitton



Warm summer sun, shine kindly here.

Warm southern wind, blow softly here.

Green sod above, lie light, lie light.

Good night, dear Heart

Good night

Good night

~inscription on the gravestone of Mark Twain's wife



Home is the place your grow up wanting to leave and grow old wanting to get back to. ~John Ed Pearce



Listen to the sunset

Hear its silent sigh

As it falls down the horizon

Warning, the moon is nigh

~Unknown



I have always known that at last I would take this road, but yesterday I did not know that it would be today. ~Unknown



Don't worry about the people in your past. There is a reason they didn't make it to your future.~Unknown



A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. ~Mark Twain



It's funny that what used to be the end of the world is now the center of the universe. ~Bill Killie



The kiss of the sun for pardon

the song of the birds for mirth

One is nearer God's heart in a garden

than any place else on earth.

~Dorothy Frances Gruney



I don't care how old you are, the only safe way to guarantee the moster under the bed doesn't grab you is to use the run and jump method. ~ Linda Lechtenberg

2 comments:

I Am Woody said...

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go... ~Dr. Suess

snghere said...

I have an old journal I've been writing in for years. I'm going to add your quote to the journal!