27 August 2011

Milestones

(THIS IS FROM JACKSON'S FIRST TRIP TO A WATER PARK TODAY)

My daughter-in-law posted a video this morning on Facebook featuring our grandson, Jackson. The video captured his first few steps as he played with some toys we sent him for his first birthday. (I wish I knew how to download the video from FB!!) What an adorable video it is!

Jackson stands up from a squatting position and is quite in control. Not bad for a beginner! It won't be long until this is old hat for him and he'll no longer think anything of getting up and going from one place to another as we do. But this is a day that I will remember for a very long time. His first steps! I wasn't there in Texas to see them in person, as much as I would love to be, but that Michael and Melissa took the time to get it on video for us... OK, for HER parents', too! It really means so much to us to be included in Jackson's milestones.

His next milestone should be in September. September 9th to be precise. That milestone will be his first birthday. What I would do to be there. But if I can't, I know Michael and Melissa will be there to document it in video and in photographs. I really can't wait to see them!

No comments: