17 January 2011

Time Is Coming to an End

As the month of January comes to a close, the time I spend in Tennessee is getting shorter by the day. As it is looking now, I will be going to California at the end of the month. Mike is getting my ticket this Friday, so I will know then when I am leaving. I will miss being here- cold weather, snow and ice be damned. I'll miss my family and being able to see them when I can. I will miss Nick and Nikki's wedding, but wish them all the best. Justin will attend in our place.

There are still many places I want to go and photograph. I was going to go out today with Dad to the Hands on Science Center, but they are closed on Mondays. I called the Arrowheads to Aerospace Museum and they were closed today, too. Then I called the Tullahoma Fine Arts, but they are currently under renovation and won't have an exhibit up until February. Guess I'll go out with Dad tomorrow! I'm going to call him after lunch to see if he wants to go to the HOSC.

I sent out an email to the siblings to find out if anyone was interested in going to Cumberland Caverns with me on Saturday. Tanner said he would go with me. I think it would be a great outing to take with my siblings. Not sure if they would think so, but we'll see. I want to photograph it. Justin has to work, so he can't go.

The snow is almost gone now. It will probably be all the way gone in the next day or two. I don't have a TV, so not sure what the weather is supposed to do in the next week to 10 days, but I think we're supposed to have a day or two more of mixed stuff from the sky. May get flurries, may get rain. But I think the snow like we've had for the past week is over and done with now. I hope so anyway!

I'm looking forward to going to California... I miss Mike. I'll also be taking our rescue kitty, Georgia with me to California. I'm going to have to talk with the vet to find out what I need to do to keep her calm on the flight. Hope it doesn't involve me having to give her any oral medication. I can see my hands now all torn up trying to get a pill down her throat! Yep. We'll have to see what he recommends.

All for now. Hope 2011 finds you doing well so far!

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

I made it back to CA yesterday. Sunny and 75* is hard to beat:)