21 September 2010

OK, So It's Been A While...

It's been a while since I've last posted.  Well, let me see... where have I been since I last posted? 

I went to Tennessee for three weeks. My brother flew out here and drove back a rental truck for me (loaded to the gills with some of our stuff).  We had a great time spending two day driving across country.  He used to drive the I40 drive every week, but he hasn't done it in about 11 years I think he said.  So we did it.  We made stops along the way. There were two place I really wanted to stop at- Winslow, AZ (yep, just like the song) and the Cadillac Ranch.  Actually, there were three places I wanted to stop, but I couldn't talk him into going to the Grand Canyon!

While I was in Tennessee, I did several things I've been wanting to do, but I didn't get the chance to do the interior painting that I wanted to do. I got the house cleaned up, got the boxes put upstairs (thanks to strong young nephews!), got the yard mowed, and spent some time with Justin.

I went to the Walking Horse Celebration over in Shelbyville, I went up to Tracy City to the Grundy County Historical Society's Heritage Center, I went down to Normandy to take photos at the lake and George Dickel and I visited a lot with my parents and siblings.

After leaving Tennessee, about the only thing that could have dragged me off my front porch swing, was the birth of our first grandbaby!  I flew down to Austin to be with Michael as his wife had our first grandson.  It was so nice to be able to be there for the first couple of days of his new life. I was so happy to become a Nannie!  Falling in love again at 50 is so much better!

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

Love, love, love new babies!!