17 July 2010

Some Days are Diamonds; Some Days are Gold

I'm not quite sure what I've done to my left knee, but I've managed to hurt it pretty good.  I've been wearing my knee brace for the past three days and haven't been able to go on my daily walks either!  The best I've been able to do is to walk some mail to the neighbors house that the mailman left in our mailbox.

Despite my need (or feeling of need) to get around better than I am now and to get things done around the house, I've definately had to slow it down.  Amazingly, it's been Mike that has made me slow things down much more than I probably would do on my own.

Going to the grocery store?  My job.  Did I get to go?  No.  Who did? Mike!  He HATES to go to the grocery store... mainly because he has absolutely no patience with the LONG lines.  Let me define LONG lines in Mike-ez... more than one person in front of you with 10 items or more! 

Going to Tom's Farm?  Not just my job because Mike does like to go there because he loves to pick out the fresh veggies and fruit he now eats.  (He's now a vegan, even though he doesn't want to be.  Prostrate cancer scare can pretty much make you do things you don't want to do! )  So, did I get to go?  No.

Going to Lowe's for ant traps.  Did I get to go?  No.

Mike has been making me stay on the couch and relax.  I know he's taking care of me, but it's driving me a bit nuts anyway!

Gotta love him. 

1 comment:

I Am Woody said...

Hope you are back up and at 'em soon!