01 June 2010

Planes of Fame Air Museum on Memorial Day

Mike & I went to Planes of Fame Air Museum on Memorial Day. It's an easy drive from Corona and Mike hadn't been there before. When we first walked in, the first thing he said was that "Justin would love this... we'll come back and do his Christmas shopping here"!  My thoughts the first time I saw it too!  I had to drag Mike out of the gift shop and out into the first hanger so we could go look at the planes! 

The planes there go from a replica of the Wright Brother's plane to planes used thru the Gulf War.  Very neat place to spend the day looking at old planes.  They also have WWII tanks, ambulances, and transport vehicles for personel. 

Not only do they have planes made in the US, they also have a Russian MIG 17 and some Japanese aircraft, too. There are a couple of replicas from Germany, the Red Barron being one of the replicas.

There are two Planes of Fame Air Museums: one in Chino, CA and the other in Valle, AZ- about 15 miles from the main gate into the Grand Canyon.  On the way back from TN last summer, Bettie, Katherine and I spent the night in a hotel across the street from the Planes of Fame Museum in Valle, AZ! 

Here are some of the photos that I took.




No comments: