It's that time of year again when we get our first cold snap that makes me so homesick I just want to cry! It's not that we really got a COLD snap, but we did get a cool snap! The weather went from three digit heat to the 80's to the mid 70's in just a couple of days. It has been so nice out, I've been walking twice a day around the neighborhood just to enjoy it!
It's that time to go buy a couple of pumpkins and start looking for the warmer clothes tucked in the back of closets. Dig out the sweat pants and sweat shirts. Add another blanket to the bed and open the windows to enjoy the coolness of the weather. Buy the fixings for homemade chili. Dig under the bed to find the second slipper you kicked under there sometime last summer.
The leaves are starting to change... what leaves are left that haven't died off due to drought, that is! The dried leaves scrape over the sidewalks and driveways and collect along the curbs of the streets. The winds are starting to pick up a bit and the sighing of the wind in the wisteria bush breathes thru the open front door. With the warm days and cooler nights, it's wonderful to have the windows and doors open until the sun starts to set and all of the sudden, that breeze is just a bit cooler than comfortable!
I miss Tennessee in the fall and I sometimes get a bit blue about not being there. But then I think of the things I want to do in our yard at this time of year when we move back to our house there. I really can't wait until we go home. California is great fun, but Tennessee is home.
No comments:
Post a Comment