I've been thinking today about a lot of things both past and present.
Today is the 8th anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the United States. So much has changed in the past eight years. So much to reflect on about that day. It has become one of those days that will always stand out in your memory, along with the day John F. Kennedy was shot; the day your children were born; the day your parents/grandparents/family member died; the day man landed on the moon; and now where you were and what you were doing on September 11, 2001. God bless the families of everyone affected on that day.
A year ago today, Mike and I flew to California for his interview with a hard drive company. I tagged along to see if I even liked California, because if I didn't like it, there was no reason to continue pursuing a job offer with said hard drive company. Well, since we're living in southern California now, you can safely assume that I liked California. It's not a permanent move, so we are treating it as an adventure for a couple of years. Sort of like moving to another country where you enjoy learning what they have to offer, but you know you'll always move back home. Same for us. We own a house in Tennessee and that's where we are going to end up in the next few years or so.
Today, I am missing our annual "Mother/Daughters Weekend" at a bed & breakfast in Tennessee. This will be the second one that I've missed. I really wish I could be there for the weekend with my Mom, sisters and niece. We always have so much fun. *sigh* I'm sure that I'll be hearing from them thru out the weekend though and I will be calling them, too!
So there has been much on my mind today. It has been a good day for reminiscing.
No comments:
Post a Comment