02 September 2009

Awful Quiet Around Here!

Fly Boy went back to Tennessee for college last Friday. It was a sad day to see him go. I cried most of the way home from the airport, but finally realized that it's good that he's learning to be on his own and have to make decisions for himself. But the "Mom" in me has a much harder time accepting this!
Then, on Sunday, Mike had a business trip to Boston. He won't be home until Thursday. I took him and another guy he works with to the airport over in Orange County early on Sunday a.m. Even with the alarm not going off, waking up late, the guy being late getting to our house and then the drive over, we were still there in plenty of time for them to make it thru security and then sit at the gate.
It has been really quiet in the house since they are both gone now. I've listened to my mp3s, watched TV, watched some game drives on the computer, played with FB, updated some webpages, done the laundry, ran the dishwasher (its only me), and cleaned the house...but its still pretty quiet in the house. At night I leave the TV on for background noise. At one point, the TV volumn went down for about a minute and I woke up wondering why I woke up!
I'm enjoying, don't get me wrong, but it will be nice when he's back home again. I miss him.

No comments: