Since Fly Boy is visiting with us for a couple of weeks, I decided to take him over and check out the Fender Musuem in Corona. It was (and wasn't) anything like I thought it would be like! It was rather cool in the fact that they have all these Fender guitars from various rock n roll muscians, but it was MUCH smaller than I had expected it to be!
It's a two story building, but the downstairs is where the museum is located. There is a fairly large lobby and from there, you can visit the two rooms of exhibits. One room is for the Fender guitars and the second room is for a visiting exhibit showing the life of Johnny Cash. The upstairs is used for offices and rooms for music lessons which they teach there to many of the kids in Corona. I just guessed from passing by the building that it was "all" museum. It's not!
The first room that houses the Fender guitars is really interesting in that they have many guitars owned by rock n roll artists and photos, letters, and other memoribilia from that artist. They have the guitars of Jeff Beck, Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Muddy Waters, Eric Clapton, etc. Really pretty neat! They also have the "voice box" that Peter Frampton used in his "Frampton Comes Live" album! There were two of them- one is in the Cleveland Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and the second one is here in Corona. There is also an exhibit showing how the Fender guitars are made.
The second room is an exhibit showcasing the life of Johnny Cash. I was astonished with all the things that they had in this exhibit! They have the very first pair of custom made boots that Johnny Cash ever bought! The man had HUGE feet!! Size 13D! There were also hand written lyrics to some of his songs and several of his gold and platinum albums. The photos were very interesting and one showed him as a very young man with Elvis! For some reason, I never put those two together, but they were!
I thought I was taking Fly Boy to the museum because he has an interest in music... and a Fender (acoustic) guitar, but I think I probably enjoyed it as much (if not more) than he did! Very cool day trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment