12 June 2009

Coyotes and Lilies







Today I was out taking photographs and after finishing up at one park in the neighborhood, I wanted to stop at the bottom of the hill and take some photos of the lilies there that were a different color than the ones at the park. I'm so glad I stopped!



I was getting out of the truck with my camera when I noticed a movement in the flowers that I wanted to take photos of. All I could see was ears and thought that it was a German Shepherd puppy.... boy, was I wrong! It turned out to be a coyote!



Not sure of what to do at first, I watched her climb the rise behind the flower bed and stop at the top to look back down at me. We watched each other for a few minutes before we both decided that we weren't going to do each other any harm and we both proceeded to do what we were going to do.... she wandered over to a bush and laid down, I walked over to the flowers and took pictures. Of course I was keeping an eye on her, just as she was keeping an eye on me! I took several photos of her and the flowers.



After a while, she finally stood up and watched me for a few minutes then started to make her way down the hill towards the field on the other side of the road from us. She took her time, not starting to trot until she hit the pavement and trotted to the other side of the street. She ducked under the fence and with a last look towards me, she was gone.



Incredible!

No comments: