As another year comes to a close, I am looking back on the events that happened in 2010. It's been a busy year.
Mike is still working at WD and has been working non-stop for the past two months. I have been in TN and he has been in CA, so he's not been really good about calling it a day and going home. He's worked every weekend but two since I've been here, too. That will stop when I go back to CA. Since I have him here for two weeks, I've given him strict orders not to talk about work while he's here. That's a major "no-no". I want him to relax and enjoy himself here.
Michael and Melissa are doing good. Michael is up for a promotion after the start of the New Year. Jackson is growing so fast in looking at his photos that I've been sent. I'm so glad that Michael and Melissa keep me up to date with Jackson photos! It's so amazing to see (again) how quickly babies change. I can now see Michael in Jackson where I didn't see it before. He still favors Melissa, but Michael is there!
Justin has changed his mind about the military and has gotten out of the delayed entry program. He has changed his major in college to Criminal Justice and plans on finishing college. We are so proud of his decision to stay in school until he gets his degree. I know that he will be glad he did this too at a point later in life. He is going to go talk with Randy at work and will talk to some other detectives while he's there.
I will stay here in Tennessee until Justin gets back in school and then wait a couple of weeks to see how it goes. Then I'll go back to CA. I want to stop in TX on the way back to see Michael, Melissa and Jackson for a couple of days. After that, I really don't have any plans for a while except to get the rest of our stuff packed up and ready to move. They are selling our rental house and it goes up for auction on 12/30. We may or may not have a new landlord/land lady.
As I write the last bit of my last entry for the year 2010, I can hear Mike watching a movie in the den and Justin is off at work. It's quiet in the house (except for the movie Mike is watching- a western shoot 'em up). The outdoor cat I adopted two months ago is asleep on the bed behind me... no doubt warming up my pillow for me. The house is warm and snow is falling outside. We had a white Christmas and I'm quite happy and satisfied with my life.
1 comment:
I love that last sentence. It says it all:)
Post a Comment