Have you ever tried to think back to your earliest memory? The other day I was sitting on the back porch reading and found myself sitting there daydreaming rather than reading. I have no idea of what triggered it, but suddenly I was thinking about the house we lived in when I was born and I recalled a memory I haven't thought of in years, althought I do recall thinking of this previously.
To look at the house today, it is a very small house, but from the eyes of a three year old (or younger, we moved when I was three) the house was rather large. The steps outback of the house were only four steps high, but in my childs mind's eye, they seemed ever so much more steeper! The backyard spread out before, running downhill to the Kielly's fence line.
Anyway, back to the memory... It was a summer day and the sun was hot with no shade as I sat on the top step and I'm holding a square, plastic turquoise jar. I'm not sure what the jar was or why we even had it, but for some reason, I believe it at one time held penny suckers; because I can remember taking the lid off the plastic jar and smelling the sticky, sweet scent of those penny suckers.
So sitting there in the sun with a pretty turquoise blue jar and smelling the inside of the jar... goofy, but it's what I remember.
To look at the house today, it is a very small house, but from the eyes of a three year old (or younger, we moved when I was three) the house was rather large. The steps outback of the house were only four steps high, but in my childs mind's eye, they seemed ever so much more steeper! The backyard spread out before, running downhill to the Kielly's fence line.
Anyway, back to the memory... It was a summer day and the sun was hot with no shade as I sat on the top step and I'm holding a square, plastic turquoise jar. I'm not sure what the jar was or why we even had it, but for some reason, I believe it at one time held penny suckers; because I can remember taking the lid off the plastic jar and smelling the sticky, sweet scent of those penny suckers.
So sitting there in the sun with a pretty turquoise blue jar and smelling the inside of the jar... goofy, but it's what I remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment